The Colorado State Library will work with you to determine which level is the best fit for your needs.
- Provide graphics, URL and data to set-up and configure the Library’s website.
- Send one or more staff members to Colorado Online Libraries training to learn the editing features.
- Commit a minimum of 1/2 hour per week for website updates and maintenance.
- Provide a contact person for phone or email questions generated from the website.
- Identify staff to participate in any Colorado Online Libraries training, technical programs, and content development activities that may be made available.
- Use the website as the Library’s homepage and as a portal for information of interest to the community.
- Promote the Library’s collection, programs, and services through the library website.
Colorado State Library will provide:
- Full assistance on website, including adding/changing content when requested, excluding additional PHP customization.
- Choice of 5-6 predetermined basic themes that are responsive and HTML 5 ready.
- Up-to-date and secure WordPress infrastructure.
- A subdomain web address under colibraries.org (e.g. http://libraryname.colibraries.org)
- Hosting of the website as part of a Word Press multisite implementation.
- Website customization that includes selection of website colors, Library branding logos, and the ability to opt in/out to widgets (described below).
- The template for the Library will include
- A calendar with recurring events
- Links to online catalog or embedded catalog search where possible
- RSS feed box capability
- Repopulated popular links
- Optional staff area
- Ability to embed photos and video
- Training and documentation focused on content management
- Information and training on website best practices.