The Colorado State Library will work with you to determine which level is the best fit for your needs.
- Provide graphics, URL and data to set-up and configure the Library’s website.
- Send one or more staff members to Colorado Online Libraries training to learn the editing features.
- Commit a minimum of 1/2 hour per week for website updates and maintenance.
- Provide a contact person for phone or email questions generated from the website.
- Identify staff to participate in any Colorado Online Libraries training, technical programs, and content development activities that may be made available.
- Use the website as the Library’s homepage and as a portal for information of interest to the community.
- Promote the Library’s collection, programs, and services through the library website.
- Locally developed web design and/or web design instruction for staff.
- Graphic design and/or graphic design instruction for staff.
- Locally developed FTP Access/Custom theming that may be necessary.
- Local tech support for ongoing maintenance and support of the website and content.
Colorado State Library will provide:
- Up-to-date and secure WordPress infrastructure.
- Hosting by the State Library for up to 2 years.
- The need hosting will be re-evaluated after 2 years.
- A subdomain web address under colibraries.org (e.g. http://libraryname.colibraries.org) will be provided for free.
- The State Library can assist in one-time mapping of the site to a custom domain URL (e.g., www.libraryname.org) to be registered and maintained by the Library.
- Help exporting the library website and hosting set-up on own hosting as appropriate if the library moves away from State Library hosting.
- An initial training one-time session in person or online to train library staff how to set up Word Press sites and do basic customization of site features and functionality.
- One-time training will include information on how to add content, manage software, maintain and update software themes and widgets, as well as information on website best practices.